2 mil polyester film tinted light green. Capable of withstanding outdoor exposure.
- Application Surface: Metals, Plastics, Glass, Painted Surfaces
- Substrate: Polyester
- Thickness: 2 MIL (polyester)
Window protection. Designed for light transmission throughout entire assembly process. Liner allows for die-cutting or hand-cutting masks to required size. Protects various plastic surfaces during installation, shipment and painting operations. Solvent and heat resistance properties same as PROTEX 8216-2.
Can be printed on by silk screen method.
- Surface Sensitivity: Yes
- Adhesion Level: LOW
- Heat Tolerance: No heat applied, 100° - 150°, 150° - 300°, over 300°
Typical Properties - Backing:
Thickness, mils 2
Elongation, % M.D. 106 min
Tensile strength, PSI/mil 30,000
Tear, grams/mils 15
Solvent resistance: 150°
1,1,1, Trichloroethane Degrease 1 hr. @ 150°
No transfer, slight edge penetration.
Typical Properties - Adhesive:
Adhesion to steel, oz/inch width 1-3 (-0.2/+0.6) (At time of manufacture)
- Typical Properties - Liner: Flat
Standard Sizes Available:
48" x 100 yds
- PDF Download: Protex-8216-2L.pdf